Another award! Out of the blue! By the Purrfect or as she calls herself “Not-so purrfectgirl” I love the rolling of the R! Thank you, dear! ❤
This time it’s the LIEBSTER AWARD, the word Liebster having German origins and several definitions like dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing! Phew! That is a lot!
Now. With great power comes great responsibilities. Same applies to awards, I believe!
So. Here goes!
OFFICIAL RULES OF LIEBSTER AWARD.
1. Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog. (Already done!)
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees. (That is a lot of hard work!)
3. Nominate small (no more than 1000 followers) blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen. (This is fun!)
4. Display the Liebster Award logo. (Of course!)
5. No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you. (That is sad!)
My answers first :
1. Have you ever done something you weren’t sure you could do? Are you happy now that you did it ?
I completed my #100happydays! I was almost sure I wouldn’t be able to manage that one. Of course I am happy. Oh and another thing. I was not sure if I could get an All India Ranking in my Chartered Accountancy exams. But. Hold your breath. Scored the 38th All India Rank!
2. What role does music play in your life?
Music is like the background score of my life. When it’s on, I may rarely acknowledge it, but it’s absence is like a deafening silence. Music calms me. Music excites me.
3. If you could change this entire world, how would it be? Is there room for bad in it?
I would make people more receptive towards each other. I would make them realize they weren’t born to mint money but to mint love. Of course there would be room for bad. You still need that spice in your life!
4. When was the time you have almost lost all your senses, because you couldn’t control you excitement?
When I first spoke to my idol, Sourav Ganguly asking him for an interview! 😀 The timings however didn’t materialize finally. That’s another issue altogether.
5. Are you a people person?
Yes. Definitely a people person. But I have my choice of the people I would want to be a person to!
6. If you could become a Disney character who would it be and why?
Now that I have seen Khoobsurat, definitely Mili Chakraborty! Purely based on how the character has been etched. 🙂
7. Is the world going in the right direction ?
Definitely not! But then who knows? Maybe the world thinks I am not going in the right direction!
8. Your take on celebrities.
They can be entertaining for only a while. Otherwise, a pain. I cannot see myself screaming my lungs out and running after them. No, not even Siddarth Malhotra or Fawad Khan.
9. One quality of yours you would like to throw inside the trash can!!!
I can get insecure at times. But then, who doesn’t?
10. Coffee , Tea or Selfie ? 😉
Haha! Coffee, surely!
11. If you could get the chance to save a life or end a life, what would you chose and who would it be?
Save a life. Lot of people whom I would save. My family, a lot of my friends, even my boss! Or rather, if I get a chance, I think I would save any life rather than end one.
11 random facts? That is a lot!
- At one point of time I was confused as to whether I should go for Chartered Accountancy or journalism or psychology!
- I love House M.D. and hate Grey’s Anatomy. Anyone who’s seen both will know I love human psychology and intrigue over lust and emotional conquests.
- My favorite sitcom Castle, by the way, has all four – human psychology, intrigue, lust and emotional conquests. So if you “Really are ruggedly handsome”, I might give you a chance!
- I love dancing, though I am not formally trained.
- I love looking at the moon. It’s a habit which came to me years ago because of a friend’s continued pings about “how beautiful the moon is” every night!
- I have admittedly fallen for jerks, until one of the greatest guys I’ve known came along.
- I do not believe in idol worship, but I am not an atheist.
- I DO NOT LIKE Shah Rukh Khan, the actor!
- I’d rather sit at home sketching, reading, writing or spend an entire day with friends than go for shopping for a full day!
- I have a boss, who’s more of a mentor than a tormentor!
- I’d love to go trekking some day, if I can get over my fear of snakes!
Now the questions I’d love to raise to my nominees :
- What/who was the inspiration behind starting a blog?
- Which writer’s works did you fall in love with?
- Dan Brown or Ruskin Bond?
- Which is your favorite literary character?
- Which book would you like to see being converted into a film?
- Are your works influenced more by your life experiences or that of people around you?
- Who’s your hero in life?
- What makes you smile?
- If you have some spare time, what do you do?
- Home cooked meal or restaurant?
- What is the one question you’d love to be asked? And what would your answer be?
And the nominations are (drum roll, please!):
- Another 11 followers and she won’t be eligble for the nomination! “The ‘S’ word” by Girl Suele.
- Cat Jenkins. You have to read the blog. It’s written with such passion for words!
- The blog is like the Punjabi soul who writes it – full of wit, humour and fun! Me and my random thoughts.
- Just started recently, but puts forward strong and powerful thoughts. Short stories from India.
- The art of a rambling mind. It’ll take your breath away!